My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
If you are an avid Internet user, you have probably watched some cool videos across several social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. From how-to videos and tutorials to interesting clips from vloggers, there are many exciting footages that you can find online. When it comes to extreme adventures, you might be wondering how these individuals create quality videos. Thinking of how a motorcycle rider takes a video of himself while doing stunts is already quite challenging. For the video enthusiasts who are interested in making cool sports videos, then you may consider using an action camera.
Although action cams have been popular over the years, some of you might still not be aware of what it is and what it can do. Besides being another type of camera device, here are some fascinating things that you should know about it:
If you are interested in using an action camera for your next video shooting, then it is essential to know how it works so that you can maximize its use. Learning some tips and techniques can help you create more exciting sports videos. Check out the guide below:
1. Boost your confidence and work on your creativity. One of the first things that you need to consider as a videographer is your attitude towards your craft. Whether you are a beginner or an expert in video shooting, you have to be confident with your skills and use them together with your creativity. Once you have boosted your self-esteem, you can be comfortable with using the camera device, helping you make good videos. Avoid getting intimidated by the works of others. Try to focus more on your field and create your own style in video shooting. Don't be afraid of using your creativity when making sports videos. You can make use of props and necessary accessories to make your videos more enticing.
2. Solve the camera issues and use the right settings. Not all cameras are the same; that's why it is vital to check the camera settings and adjust them depending on your video shooting needs. Before using the camera, make sure that it is working correctly. Always check your device first and see if there's any camera issue. For camera shaking problems, you can fix them by investing in durable straps, which can help in firming your camera. It will lessen the shaking and vibrating of the device, maximizing the use of your camera.
3. Use different angles. If you are filming in the first-person point of view, then find the best spot for your action cam. Before the actual shooting, you can make test shots and see in which position gives a better view. If you are shooting sports videos, take a shot from multiple angles. When doing it, make sure to consider the lighting conditions to ensure video quality.
4. Use mounts. There are several types of mounts that you can buy in local and online stores. You only need to find the best one suitable for sports activity. For instance, you may opt for a helmet if you are documenting your biking or skydiving adventure. You may also go for a chest mount for your hiking or snowboarding excursions. There are also available wrist mounts for surfing and other water activities. Using mounts will surely improve the quality of your video, making it more appealing to watch.
5. Edit the footage. No matter how skillful you are, there might be some flaws in your shots. You don't have to worry about them since you can edit the videos using several video editing software. There are also apps that can enhance your shots, making your sports videos more engaging. You may also try some filters to your camera for adding a professional touch. When shooting underwater footage, it is recommended to utilize red or magenta filters. They will help you remove the blue-green colour cast that is inherent to the marine environment. For bright environments, you may opt for a neutral density (ND) filter that allows a slower shutter speed. With this filter, you can keep the footage look smooth and natural. If you want to cut out the reflections on glass or water, then a polarizing filter is recommended.
As a newbie in utilizing an action cam, you might find it quite challenging to operate it, especially if you are not aware of its function and capabilities. For a better understanding of how it works, you can read the manual once you have purchased the device. You can also apply the tips and techniques mentioned earlier and see how it can help you in video shooting. With constant practice and continuous learning, you can be an expert sports videographer in no time.